NOC Committee of Government of Maharashtra visited Our Library
The Library came in existence in 1965,with the establishment of College of Education Initially. the Library was located in a small room in the College building. It was later on shifted to ground floor with specious Reading Room, Stack room, Librarian cabin etc. Total Carpet area of the library is 2658.06 sq. ft. consisting of a spacious reading hall, stacking section, Administrative wing, librarian’s Cabin, , issuing counters etc. The Library has good collection diverse area of knowledge such as Languages and Literature, Social science, Social Education, Philosophy of Education, Educational Psychology, Educational Research, School Management, Curriculum Education, Teaching Methods & Models, Sports etc. It is administered by the Librarian, B.N. Shinde with the assistance of Assistant Librarian, Library Attendants, Library Advisory Committee guide the Library Work.
Our library is continuously serving to the students, teaching and non-teaching staff of the college with following mission, and objectives
The mission of the Library is to provide comprehensive access to the print and Non-Print Information resources and innovative services to support teaching, learning and research activities of the college and thereby to cater diverse information needs of user community of this college.
Considering the mission, our library strives to:
- Build better collection of resources across the formats to cater information needs of user community.
- Promote the use of resources to help the users to achieve their educational and professional goals.
- Provide various services and adopt strategies to enhance use of resources of the library.
- Offer personal assistance to select, organize and use the information.
- Create healthy environment for the students to study.
- To develop balanced collection of information resources to cater the information needs of clientele
- To build collection complementary to competitive exams to provide competitive exam to students.
- To provide innovative services to the users to help them to achieve their academic goals.
- To adopt new technologies to improve the library services.
- To provide better and timely access to the resources available in the library.
- To provide access to the e-resources through Internet.
- To participate in resource sharing (Library Consortium) programme to enrich collection of the Library.